Summer Remote Tech Intensive
Explore the tech industry, from anywhere this summer
A for-credit online summer program designed to take your liberal arts degree to the next level
“I felt blindsided by how much I’d grown. I left with a newfound love for coding and the logic inherent to software engineering. I found I love leading a team. I also discovered that in the world of software, learning isn’t limited to a formal class setting or dynamic. Once you know how to utilize the internet, nothing obstructs your path to knowledge.”
Emma Wolff, Mount Holyoke College, Arabic Studies & CS
“Before last summer, if someone told me I’d graduate with an opportunity to work on machine learning and automation projects, I’d find it hard to believe. Now I can confidently say I’m leaving Davidson and Adjacent equipped to ethically apply my liberal arts foundation to the tech space, and with the knowledge to bring impactful ventures to life.”
Alex Idonije, Davidson College, Chinese Studies
“I’m pretty much mind blown at how cool this program is. I don’t think a lot of people come out of college with tech skills and therefore have to learn on the job, but having a solid foundation like this without compromising time during the semester is invaluable.”
Sophia Schwartsmann, Scripps College, Art History Major
This is not your typical online course
Gain confidence in your technology skills
Network with industry professionals and entrepreneurs
Collaborate with teammates to create your passion projects
Earn college credit
Session 1 | June 1 – 26 2020
Session 2 | July 6 – 31 2020
Full-time, M-F 9-5p | Remote
Like most remote tech jobs, we’ll use software like Discord, VS Code Live, and Zoom to collaborate asynchronously across timezones.
Your Typical Day
9:00 | Sign on to Discord and work on your weekly project
11:00 | Daily Stand-Up followed by a coding lesson
12:00 | Take a lunch break and walk around the park
1:00 | A Lyft UX researcher talks about her career
2:00 | 1:1 call with your instructor and teammates to bug fix
5:00 | Submit for code review and log off
Tuition is $3500.
Financial aid and scholarships are available.
A nonrefundable deposit of $250 reserves your spot in the program.
Applications are open.
Certain discounts may be available by university.
The process consists of a short written application and a 20-minute interview.
No prior experience or course prerequisites necessary. All students are encouraged to apply and complete the interview process, especially students with no background in tech. This program will select students interested in technology who will be comfortable in and motivated by an intensive, highly collaborative, and self-motivated learning experience.
Why Choose Adjacent?
Join hundreds of students from some of the most innovative colleges and universities in the country including Davidson, Scripps and Mount Holyoke.
- The biggest thing that I got out of Adjacent was the confidence and skillset to learn anything. I feel completely comfortable in the confusion of trying to learn something completely new. It’s amazing!
- I’m pretty much mind blown at how cool this program is. I don’t think a lot of people come out of college with tech skills and therefore have to learn on the job, but having a solid foundation like this without compromising time during the semester is invaluable.
- Adjacent showed me that there are so many possibilities/fields within the tech industry. It was nice learning how the people we met in the industry got to where they are now. It showed me that I don’t have to be a programmer to be there, but that having some experience with programming will definitely be advantageous.
- I’ve never been a mathematics or science person but I realized computer science is for everyone as long as you’re interested and continuously curious you can do anything you want with it.
- As a non-computer science major, I wanted to see what an increasingly tech-centric world looked like. This program gives you a lot of answers of what that does look like in terms of what startups you go to visit what you’re learning in the classroom and the hard and soft skills you can apply outside the program.
Questions? Let's chat!
Fill out the form with your question and we’ll respond quickly with an answer or a time to hop on the phone.