Effective Date: February 11, 2020
A “cookie” is a small piece of data stored on a user’s browser, and contains non-personally identifiable information about the user. When you visit the Site, Adjacent may place a “cookie” in order to improve your experience by recognizing you when you visit the Site and in order to allow Adjacent to optimize the information presented based on your demonstrated areas of interest. Cookies may also be used to compile information about website usage. If you subsequently provide us with personal information such as your email address, we may associate any cookies on your browser with that information such that you will no longer be an anonymous visitor to the Site. For example, we use the following types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. Disabling these cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies. Retargeting/advertising cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you. For more information about this, please see the section below titled “Information about Interest-Based Advertisements.”
To explore what cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” or “DNT” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Site does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are on the Site and after you leave our Site.
Information about Interest-Based Advertisements.
We may serve advertisements, and also allow third-party ad networks, including third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms, to serve advertisements through the Site. These advertisements may be targeted to users who fit certain general profile categories or display certain preferences or behaviors (“Interest-Based Ads”). Information for Internet-Based Ads (including personal data) may be provided to us by you, or derived from the usage patterns of particular users on the Site and/or services of third parties. Such information may be gathered through tracking users’ activities across time and unaffiliated properties, including when you leave the Site. To accomplish this, we or our service providers may deliver cookies, including a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Site. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Web beacons allow ad networks to view, edit or set their own cookies on your browser, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
We comply with the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. Through the DAA and Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of, and greater control over, ads that are customized based a consumer’s online behavior across different websites and properties. To make choices about Interest-Based Ads from participating third parties, including to opt-out of receiving behaviorally targeted advertisements from participating organizations, please visit the DAA’s or NAI’s consumer opt-out pages, which are located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or www.aboutads.info/choices.
Adjacent does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from children under thirteen (13) years of age; IF YOU ARE UNDER THIRTEEN (13), PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SITE, USE THE SERVICE, OR OTHERWISE SEND US ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under thirteen (13), we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under thirteen (13) may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Information.
Adjacent uses User Data to respond to your inquiries for additional information, and to consider you for available courses at Adjacent.
Adjacent uses “traffic data” to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends, and administer the Site. Your IP address is not linked to personally identifiable information, but may be used to help identify you and gather broad demographic data and to monitor statistics to improve the Site and Service. IP addresses may be also used to provide an audit trail in the case of any attempted illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
Sharing of Information.
Adjacent may transfer personally identifiable information to any successor to all or substantially all of its business or assets.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your personal information that we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Third Party Sites.
If you change your mind about Adjacent’s use of User Data volunteered by you, you may send an email to email@example.com.
What if I live in California?
Under California Civil Code 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personally identifiable information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, California residents have the following rights with respect to the personally identifiable information collected from them:
- Access: You may, not more than twice in a twelve-month period, request more information about the personally identifiable information we hold about you and request a copy of such personally identifiable information by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Opt-Outs: You are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt out of our sale of your personal information by clicking on the following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
- Erasure: You may request that we delete the personally identifiable information that we have collected from you by emailing us at email@example.com. However, we may not be required to delete your personally identifiable information under certain circumstances, including if such data is necessary for us to provide you with the Services, if we use such data only for our internal analytical use, and if such data is needed to complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If you request that we delete your personally identifiable information, you may no longer be able to use the Services.
What if I live in Nevada?
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal data to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your first and last name and zip code. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
55 2nd Street, 25th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105