REMOTE SUMMER TECH IMMERSIVE
A for-credit online summer program designed to take your liberal arts degree to the next level so you can major in what you love and graduate tech capable.
Designed in partnership with Davidson College, this 4-week summer intensive is designed for non-CS students looking to develop crucial technology skills.
This course will develop your skills in web design and information visualization while exploring how you might have an impact in tech. Each day you’ll be learning and applying technical skills, often in partnership with other students. You’ll also have many opportunities to virtually interact with professionals across a range of jobs and industries in tech, from startups to large established companies.
Are you tech-curious? Join us in exploring the tech industry!
Apply by April 15 to receive $250 off program tuition
You'll walk away with...
Knowledge of SQL, the standard language for interacting with databases
2-3 portfolio projects to add to your resume
Invaluable connections to tech industry professionals
The lingo, norms, practices, and job opportunities used today in tech
Intro to Web Design & Programming (DIG245) on your transcript
Session 1 | June 1 – 26 2020
Session 2 | July 6 – 31 2020
Full-time, M-F 9-5p | Remote
You’ll learn by building projects in a full-time, remote workplace. Each morning starts with a daily stand-up with the whole group, before starting class for 30-60 minutes. You’ll be assigned exercises and group projects where you’ll lean on our instructors and your peers for help. You’ll become fluent in the tools that tech companies use like Discord, Twitch.tv, VS Code Live Share and more.
Tuition is $3500.
A nonrefundable deposit of $250 reserves your spot in the program.
Financial aid and scholarship is available to those that apply by April 15.
Apply by April 15 for scholarship consideration and $250 off the program.
Applications will be accepted through May 1 but early applications are encouraged.
The process consists of a short written application and a 20-minute interview.
No prior experience or course prerequisites necessary. All students are encouraged to apply and complete the interview process, especially students with no background in tech. This program will select students interested in technology who will be comfortable in and motivated by an intensive, highly collaborative, and self-motivated learning experience.
- The biggest thing that I got out of Adjacent was the confidence and skillset to learn anything. I feel completely comfortable in the confusion of trying to learn something completely new. It’s amazing!
- I’m pretty much mind blown at how cool this program is. I don’t think a lot of people come out of college with tech skills and therefore have to learn on the job, but having a solid foundation like this without compromising time during the semester is invaluable.
- Adjacent showed me that there are so many possibilities/fields within the tech industry. It was nice learning how the people we met in the industry got to where they are now. It showed me that I don’t have to be a programmer to be there, but that having some experience with programming will definitely be advantageous.
- I’ve never been a mathematics or science person but I realized computer science is for everyone as long as you’re interested and continuously curious you can do anything you want with it.
- As a non-computer science major, I wanted to see what an increasingly tech-centric world looked like. This program gives you a lot of answers of what that does look like in terms of what startups you go to visit what you’re learning in the classroom and the hard and soft skills you can apply outside the program.
Why Choose Adjacent?
Join hundreds of students from some of the most innovative colleges and universities in the country including Davidson, Scripps and Mount Holyoke.
Questions? Let's chat!
Fill out the form with your question and we’ll respond quickly with an answer or a time to hop on the phone.